2020 Peter Wilson Memorial Championships (Minis Divisions)
Date: Sunday 13 December 2020
Venue: Central Coast Regional Sports Complex, Lake Road, Tuggerah
1. Event Overview
Please be aware of some key information in relation to this event.
- The event will be one of two Peter Wilson Memorial Championships being held over the 2020-2021 junior representative touch football season.
- This first event is strictly for mini representative touch football teams – so for Boys and Girls U8 and U10 teams only.
- The event will be a non-competitive championship, similar to a gala day – no finals series, no official match scoring. The focus of this event is to give mini representative touch football teams the opportunity to enjoy playing touch football.
- All teams will play up to 4 matches at the event, with all matches being played under 20 minutes touchdown turnaround.
- The event will be played under the ‘Arrive Play Leave’ format, with teams playing up to 2 matches back-to-back, then departing the venue for a period of time, before returning to play up to 2 more matches back-to-back.
- Each club will be required to supply 1 referee per team they nominate for the event. Each club will be responsible of allocating one referee to each team – this referee will then follow that team for all matches for the entirety of the event. All referees must possess a Foundation (level 1) referee qualification.
- The event will be strictly one spectator per player only for the entirety of the event. This means whenever an individual player is at the venue to play, only one spectator is permitted to attend with that player (this includes parent, guardian, siblings, other people) – only one spectator per player. This will be monitored by Hornets and any breaches will result in severe action against the individual/s involved.
- Coaching staff will be required to wear masks during games whilst in the sub box. Whilst sub boxes may be marked, to minimise gathering, player substitutions may be made anywhere along the sideline. Coaching staff are asked to still remain within the sub box area during games.
- All affiliates will be responsible for ensuring hand sanitizer is available for their teams, masks are available for their coaching staff and that all balls are sanitized both before and after games.
- Other information will be outlined in the event Conditions of Entry and within event COVID restrictions information.
2. Team Nominations
‘CLICK HERE’ if you are the affiliate coordinator and wish to express interest in any U8 or U10 teams to compete in the event. (This link is for affiliate coordinators to complete only)
TEAM NOMINATIONS CLOSE MONDAY 30 NOVEMBER 2020
Please note that completion of this form does not guarantee entry into the event.
Please note that due to current public health orders, this event will have a cap on the number of team nominations that can be accepted. Should excess team nominations be received, Hornets will use the following priority process to accept teams into the event;
- First teams accepted will be main teams of Hunter Western Hornets affiliates
- Second teams accepted will be development teams of Hunter Western Hornets affiliates
- Final teams accepted will be non-Hunter Western Hornets affiliate teams
Age eligibility for teams will be in line with the 2020-21 junior representative season, as such please see below age eligibility for divisions:
- Under 8 Boys & Girls – born 2013 to 2017
- Under 10 Boys & Girls – born 2011 to 2015
3. Event Documents, Policies & Details
For more information on the event please view below:
- Hornets General Condition of Entry 8th edition
- PWMC Minis – Conditions of Entry **coming soon**
- Working With Children Check Form
- Working With Children Check (Step-by-Step Guide)
- Statutory Declaration
- Suspended/Unfinancial Players List
- Spectator Behaviour Policy
4. In-event Details & Documents
- 2020 PWMC Minis – Fixtures **coming soon**
- Hornets Tournament Scorecard Procedure Example
- 2020 PWMC Minis – Venue Map **coming soon**
- Hornets Tournament Scoresheet Template
- Refund Request Form
- 2020 PWMC Minis – Participant Feedback Survey **coming soon**
5. Online Registrations
- PLAYERS: Registration information for players to be released soon.
- COACHING STAFF: Registration information for coaching staff to be released soon.
- REFEREES: Registration information for referees to be released soon.
For more information, please contact the Hornets Tournament Crew via;